There have been some server errors on various pages on the site the past week. I had to change the “theme” of the site to see if that fixed the incompatibility issues. Please forgive the appearance of the site as we adjust to a new look that is compatible. If you notice a page is still not working please email email@example.com with the URL of the page that is giving errors.
The first concert of our series on October 24 has been postponed until the spring! The new date shall be announced shortly. If you have purchased a ticket from the main office, please hold on to it for the spring performance date. Thank you so much for your support!
The CHS Chamber Singers and Jazz Combo performed last night at the annual Alumni Evening. Please enjoy some recordings from the Chamber Singers!
“During the 2014-15 school year, talented music students across the United States and overseas in military base schools practiced with dedication to gain a chair or part in their local, district, and state music honor ensembles. And of those most elite high school musicians who were accepted to their district or All-State music ensembles, 673 of them—the “best of the best”—were selected for the National Association for Music Education’s (NAFME) 2015 All-National Honor Ensembles.
On Oct. 28, during the 2015 NAfME National In-Service Conference, these exceptional young musicians will gather in Nashville, Tennessee, to showcase their expert musicianship and perform a gala concert starting at 9 a.m. The performance will take place on the world-famous Grand Ole Opry House stage, known for creating one-of-a-kind entertainment that’s been referred to as the “home of American music.
Canton High School student Drew Bidmead will be singing with the mixed choir as a tenor 2.”
Come hear the Canton High School Chamber Singers and Jazz Ensemble perform at Sam Collins Day on Saturday, September 19th from 11:30-1:00.
Tickets may be purchased in advance in the main office at Canton High School, (860) 693-7707, weekdays from 7:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M., or at the door the evening of the concerts!!! Please make checks payable to Canton Parents for Music. Thank you!
7th and 8th Grade Band Members: Please do not bring your instruments to school the first day.
The District Music Calendar for 2015-2016 is now posted! Visit cantonmusic.org/calendar and subscribe to the calendar by school (CBPS, CIS, CMS or CHS) to keep up to date with all the latest updates.
There is a PDF of the district calendar available but that is not updated regularly so refer to the online calendar for the most reliable dates.
- Server issues on cantonmusic.org
- October 24 Concert Postponed!!!
- Chamber Singers and Jazz Combo Perform at Alumni Event
- Canton Sophomore, Drew Bidmead to Sing with National Honor Choir
- CHS Chamber Singers & Jazz Ensemble to Perform at Sam Collins Day
- Canton Concert Series
- CMS Band – Day One
- The District Music Calendar for 2015-2016 is now posted!
- Many Upcoming Music Department Concerts! UPDATED
- An Evening of Percussion: Friday April 24th @ 7:30 PM
- Jonathan Smith and Jacob Tilton Honored at CAS Banquet
- Canton Evening of Jazz: Wednesday April 8th @ 7:30 PM
- Kodaly Educators of Southern New England
- Canton Public Schools
- CT American Choral Directors Association
- CT Music Educators Association
- Canton High School
- Canton Middle School
- Canton Intermediate School
- Cherry Brook Primary School
- Canton Parents for Music
- Arts Education Partnership
- Music for All
- Canton Music Strategic Plan
- Student Festival Contract
- Student Festival Health Forms
- Percussion Arts Society
- American School Band Directors Association
- CT ASBDA
- Grade Five
- NAMM Music Advocacy
- High School Northern Region and All State Repertoire
- Bye Bye Birdie – March 22nd, 23rd and 24th – Buy Tickets Now!
- All State Permission Slip and Forms